Dr. James L. Van Tassell
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biology
Dept. of Ichthyology
American Museum of Natural History
Lab - 055 Gittleson Hall
of fishes in the Family Gobiidae with emphasis on the American
Seven-spined gobies. Ecology, distribution, and systematics
of fishes of the Canary Islands.
1) Molecular phylogeny of the American Seven spined gobies with Lukas Ruber at the Natural History Museum, London, UK
2) Descriptions of new species
of gobiids from the Caribbean, eastern Atlantic, and eastern
3) Cheek myology of gobiidae
- a new set of characters for phylogenetic studies?
4) Gobiidae.com - Production of a website for information
on the gobioidea of the Americas
5) Production of an interactive
CD on all fishes of the Caribbean with D. Ross Robertson, Smithsonian
Tropical Research Institute, Panama.